It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… Well, that’s what the big retailers would like you to be thinking. With the Christmas decorations having been out in stores since September, the eagerly-anticipated Christmas adverts and the festive tunes blasting out over the radio you’d have to be a stone-cold Scrooge to not have a little festive tingle right about now.
Ahhhh…the festive tunes. Now I don’t know about you, but in my household, it’s considered blasphemy for even a hint of a Christmas song to be played before December. But come December 1st…and I’ll be blasting them out and singing along at the top of my lungs! Need to get that little festive tingle going? Enjoy my classic Chrimbo playlist below (with links to iTunes)…
- Chris Rea – Driving Home for Christmas
- Brenda Lee – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Pretenders – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas
- Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas (the original!)
- The Pogues – Fairytale of New York
- Roy Wood & Wizzard – I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday
- Ella Fitzgerald – Baby It’s Cold Outside
- The Pretenders – 2000 Miles
- Frank Sinatra – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
And of course, it wouldn’t be a festive playlist without the modern classic, Christmas by Michael Bublé. Yes, I know, I’m guilty!
What’s on your Christmas playlist? Drop me a comment below or Tweet me @ffc_blog.